Stop the Violence Initiative - A Partnership with the kNOwMORE Campaign
About the Initiative
Omega men are taking leadership to prevent violence against women and children in the African-American community.
In July 2007, Omega Psi Phi Fraternity, Inc. made a pledge to prevent all forms of violence affecting the African-American community. To address domestic, sexual, and community violence, Omega men are taking a critically important step by saying that all forms of violence are wrong, and that we need to mentor and teach each other the importance of healthy, non-violent relationships.
The Omega Psi Phi Toolkit is a resource for our chapters around the world to develop and implement programs on the ground to prevent violence, encourage the respect of our daughters, our sisters, our mothers, our aunts, and promote nonviolent relationships. It is time for all of us to stand up and say no more!
How to Use the Toolkit
The Toolkit is a practical tool to help you develop programs, conduct trainings, and produce activities for chapter members geared towards preventing violence in the African-American community.
In this Toolkit you will find:
• The Omega Pledge. Take the pledge, and commit to being an Omega man against violence. (Omega anti-violence pledge)
• Starting a Stop the Violence Program in Your Community Q & A (Omega Psi Phi Fraternity Inc. Stop the Violence Program Questions & Answers)
• The facts on violence in the African-American community. (Fact Sheet)
• What can you do to prevent domestic, sexual and community violence? (What can you do? Fact sheet)
• Sample Stop the Violence Program – Panel Discussion (Sample Document)
• Sample Stop the Violence Program - Single Keynote Speaker (Sample Document)
• Resources for contacting domestic violence and sexual assault agencies. (Link to Other Resources)
• Omega’s partnership with the kNOwMORE campaign (www.knowmoresaymore.org/omega)